Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost][msm] std::vector<MyStateMachine> generate stack overflow
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-25 03:39:36

2011/5/20 Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]>

> It's not what Steven asked for. You should attach to the bug a
> self-contained, *preprocessed* source file that reproduces the error.
> The MS engineers shouldn't have to install boost to begin their
> investigation. They probably won't.

Sorry, I missed that part and couldn't get back to it yet.

However I received an answer from the VC++ team and it seems that it will
not be fixed :

 Hello Joel, Thank you for reporting this issue. We believe that this is the
> same issue as the one reported here:
> https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/522094/warning-c4717-recursive-on-all-control-paths-error-erroneous
> and here:
> http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/423737/default-copy-constructor-does-not-call-correct-base-constructor Unfortunately,
> we cannot address this issue in the upcoming VS release as it could
> potentially result in a silent change
> in behavior. Please let us know if you believe this issue is different than
> the above. thanks, Marian Luparu Visual C++

I still have to check the preprocessed file to make sure it's the same
problems.

Joël Lamotte