Subject: Re: [Boost-users] A doubt in Boost Format
From: Gokulakannan Somasundaram (gokul007_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-16 01:23:23

> So you just want to pass the format instance's allocator through to
> the two std::vector instances? I don't claim any relevant expertise
> here, but it sounds reasonable to me. Have you tried it?

I have tried it in similar classes. There shouldn't be any issue. Any class
that will maintain private heap( like string, vector etc.. ) can pass on the
control of memory allocation to the end user through the allocator
arguments. The library might be even more flexible, if you take two
allocators as template arguments - one for the string and one for the
vector,(with default arguments, so it won't affect the current users ). But
you can take a call on that.

Please let me know, if you need any more inputs on the same.

Thanks,
Gokul.