Subject: [Boost-users] Request for an addition in Boost Coding standard
From: Gokulakannan Somasundaram (gokul007_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-16 01:33:50

Hi,
    We have a custom memory allocator and we don't do global operator
new/delete override for the obvious reasons. While the container classes
being provided by Boost get the allocator as a template arguments, there are
a lot of classes which do contain string and vector inside them, but don't
provide the allocator as template arguments.
     May i request to have a coding standard to provide allocators as
template arguments in all the classes that maintain private heap directly
/indirectly( through the other containers )? To name a few, i saw the
implementation of Boost Format, which provides the allocator for string, but
not for the vectors. I also looked at the Boost filesystem, which has a
string inside, but restricts itself to std::allocator.

Thanks,
Gokul.