Subject: Re: [Boost-users] how does one build documentation for one library
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-21 04:18:24

> I'm interested in trying out quickbook documentation build system. To
> this I have studied this page.
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostDocs/GettingStarted#Howtotestyourbuildsetup
> I've built quickbook and downloaded the other tools. I would like to test
> the system on one library and not occupy my system for hours trying to do
> this. The section
>
> How to test your build setup says:
>
> There is a set of test documentation that covers all the tools that can be
> used in the boost-root/doc/test directory.
> Building this requires quickbook, doxygen, latex, dvips and ps as well as
> the basic Boostbook setup.
>
> But it doesn't say what command to invoke nor what directory to invoke it
> from.

Just "bjam" from the directory mentioned.

> What I would like to do is:
>
> a) cd to the library I'm interested int. eg cd c:/boostrelease/libs/fusion
> b) bjam html
>
> and have it build a subdirectory html (or maybe doc/html) with all the
> html files in it.
>
> How can I do this?

Exactly like you just stated, cd into the library's doc/ directory and:

bjam
bjam pdf
etc etc

Note that in some cases, if the docs are really designed to be built as part
of the boost-root/doc/ build, then the HTML stylesheets may be missing after
the build.

Try the Boost.Config docs - everything is self contained - and the quickbook
usage is all pretty simple.

HTH, John.