Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Meta State Machine PseudoExit transitions
From: Johan Gielens (johan.gielens_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-29 18:33:04

> I got why it compiles and should not. This is the good part of the news.
> The bad part is that I probably cannot catch a wrong event inside a pseudo
> exit at compile-time, only at run-time.
> So all I can do is add an assert to at least catch the error in debug mode.

Hi,

This solution is fine because it eventually achieves the same thing:
Make the user aware of his/her mistake. And on the other hand: The
compiler errors aren't always that enlightening either. (Try to make a
mistake in the transition table for example, you'll hit the "error
motherload" soon enough ;) )

> In order to make the doc better, where did you encounter difficulties?

I was confused by the fact that "event6" also triggered a normal
transition. Also, in the diagram, the arrows from Substate3 to
PseudoExit1 and from PseudoExit1 to State2 both have "event5" as text,
but I think it is more consistent when the second arrow has "event6".
I really admire the fact that the documentation has such a high value
for you guys, other projects should really take this as an example.
Great work! Keep it up!

Best regards,
Johan