Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost::Test Samples?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-06 06:10:50

Of
> Jeffrey Walton
> Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 11:05 AM
> To: boost-users_at_[hidden]
> Subject: [Boost-users] Boost::Test Samples?
>
> Hi All,
>
> I'm not sure I have chosen the right testing architecture (external runner for a DSO), and I am
having
> problems getting Boost::Test to run properly. I have print statements which are not printing in
functions
> registered with BOOST_TEST_SUITE. And I have spiked a test would should print an error message.
>
> I thought it would be a good idea to look at [sample] projects that work rather than code
snippets.
> Unfortunately, the link for "collection of examples" at [1] is broken.
>
> Does anyone know where to find Boost::Test samples?

the examples themselves (but not the link to examples-toc) are at

 /1_47_0/libs/test/examples

but you'll have to study them all to find the one that suit.

When trying to output messages, I've fallen foul of this feature

"BOOST_TEST_MESSAGE

Important

Messages generated by this tool do not appear in test log output with default value of the active
log level threshold. For these messages to appear the active log level threshold has to be set to a
value below or equal to "message".
"

which might be why your expected messages do not appear?

HTH

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,