Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost] [Containers Library Review] The review of the Containers library by Ion Gaztanaga starts today
From: Kohei Takahashi (flast_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-08 00:58:54

Hi,

My review is here.

> * What is your evaluation of the design?
I think it is important, emulating move semantics and emplace inserter.

> * What is your evaluation of the implementation?
Some requirements added in C++0x (see 23.2.1 in n3290). Does
Boost.Container satisfy, partial or not? (just question) I anxious
about 23.2.1/8 especially.
And associated to the requirements, do you have any plans to provide
allocator_traits?

> * What is your evaluation of the documentation?
1) There are no documentation about free functions. (operators,
swap, ...

2) The documentation of deque::push_[back|front] are missing.

3) Some member functions are not documented about Returns/Effects,
Complexity or Throws. (ex: after No.23 in basic_string) Please check it.

> * What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the
library?
Very good! It can replace STL container easily.

> * Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have
any
> problems?
No, I only read documents and source code.

> * How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A
quick
> reading? In-depth study?
A quick reading for C++03 developer. And a glance for C++0x developer.

> * Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
I am using STL containers (including C++0x's one), but not expert about
implementations and algorithms.

> And finally, every review should answer this question:
>
> * Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?
Be
> sure to say this explicitly so that your other comments don't obscure
your
> overall opinion.
I think should be accepted it with improved documentations.

Thanks,

--
TAKAHASHI Kohei
College of Information Science, University of Tsukuba