Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost::Test Samples?
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-08 18:19:28

Gennadiy Rozental <rogeeff_at_[hidden]> spake the secret code
<loom.20110807T082725-442_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>> The Boost::Test library lacks clear and concise documentation (the
>> online documentation is fractured, lack clarity, is hard to follow,
>> and has broken links).
>
>I'm sorry you do not like the way documentation is structured. What would you
>prefer it to look like? which particular parts you find unclear?

My complaint with the documentation is that when read linearly the
semantic level of the information jumps up and down the complexity
ladder repeatedly. By this, I mean that tiny implementation details
are presented before the overall picture has been established. For a
new user, this is troublesome because I get lost in expert details
before I've even seen a complete novice overview of the framework.

This is why I wrote that series of tutorials on how to write tests
using Boost.Test. I'd be happy to work with you to turn this into
a contribution to the documentation as a "getting started" or "user's
guide" to boost.test.