Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost::Test Samples?
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-09 15:03:57

boost-users_at_[hidden] spake the secret code
<loom.20110809T071422-251_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>Richard <legalize+jeeves <at> mail.xmission.com> writes:
>> By this, I mean that tiny implementation details
>> are presented before the overall picture has been established. For a
>
>Can you give some examples?

Well, just look at the table of contents.

Parts I and II start with the execution monitors. That shouldn't
be first. It should be last. By putting it first it feels like its
very important stuff that I need to know before anything else, but
having used Boost.Test for several years now, I can't think of a
single occasion where I needed to know these details. They could even
be in an appendix.

I remember having this feeling repeatedly as I read through the
documentation linearly, but its been a few years since I read through
it to cite more specific examples. However, it was my overall
impression of the documentation.