Subject: [Boost-users] question about changing permission with boost
From: rudy b (rudykeram_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-10 22:37:20

Hi,

I am trying to copy a file from one folder to another, but I am also
trying to access to the last_write_time of the file, BEFORE copying it
to the other folder,

And I notice, whenever I am inside a Read-only directory, and trying
to access the "last_write_time" of a Read-only file, I get the
following error message:

  what(): boost::filesystem::last_write_time: Permission denied: "src/
temp1/methodologies.ppt"

In this scenario "temp1" is a Read-only directory, also
methodologies.ppt is a Read-only file as well.

Does anyone know how to get around this?
Is there a way to change the directory/file permission (to write)
prior to copying, and then change the permission back again?

I need to access the time-stamp before copying the file, because right
after I copy the file, the date-stamp will be updated.

I would really appreciate some help, please advise,

thanks,
RB