Subject: [Boost-users] [MSM] looking for a recursive get_state_name
From: Jan Vogelgesang (jan.vogelgesang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-12 09:08:15

Hello,

i'am looking for a way to get the names(s) of the innermost active
state(s) of a MSM with composite states, e.g. for debugging purposes.

In my application i use state machines with orthogonal regions and
submachines. Currently i use code based on the example given for
fill_state_names, see
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_47_0/libs/msm/doc/HTML/re02.html#d0e5385
It works well for for orthogonal regions. For for submachines only the
name of the active submachine is returned. Instead i want the name of
the innermost active state in each submachine.

I already found 'recursive_get_transition_table', this seems to be a
first step. But i don't know how to get the state id's on the path to
innermost active state.

Unfortunately i don't know much about boost::mpl, thus i'am a bit lost
at the moment.
Any suggestions on how to get the state id's on the path to the
innermost active state? Or on a different approach to get the name of
the innermost active state?

Best regards,
Jan