Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Complier errors using property_tree 5 minute tutorial
From: Bill Moo (cppsysdev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-14 10:43:32

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Sebastian Redl <
sebastian.redl_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 08/14/2011 12:54 PM, Bill Moo wrote:
> > Hello Users,
> >
> > I am using boost 1.47.0's property_tree on Windows 7 x64 using the
> > Intel Compiler v 12.0.1029.2010 and having followed the 5 Minute
> > Tutorial to the letter I get errors at complie time.
> >
> This is due to a bug in VC++'s standard library. There is a workaround,
> but it's conditioned on specific versions of the Microsoft compiler, so
> when you use Intel's, the workaround isn't used.
> There should be an #ifdef at the line the error points to. Make it
> unconditional, and it should work.
>
> Hello Sebastian,

I did as you suggested by commenting out the #if and #endif in the
property_tree/detail/ptree_implementation.hpp file leaving
BOOST_PROPERTY_TREE_PAIR_BUG and as expected this error went away.

However, I now get errors regarding
..\..\Includes\boost/multi_index_container.hpp(487):
warning #583: C++ exception handler found but /EHsc option was not specified

BOOST_TRY{ ...

--
Bill