Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Containers Library Review] The review of the Containers library by Ion Gaztanaga starts today
From: Diederick C. Niehorster (dcnieho_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-17 06:20:57

Dear Ion,

2011/8/17 Ion Gaztañaga <igaztanaga_at_[hidden]>:
> El 17/08/2011 5:12, Edward Diener escribió:
>> For all of the containers which have the same names as the std::
>> containers, it should be pointed out what their benefits are. if it is a
>> matter of all those containers having move semantics, placement
>> insertion, recursive containers, and stateful allocators, that should be
>> mentioned. One would like to know why one should use the Containers
>> library containers rather than the std:: containers without having to
>> read the description of each container.
>
> Ok

Some performance tests might be nice here too (and the code for
generating them should be incorporated in the distribution), comparing
to std:: libraries shipped with the popular compilers. It'll help sell
your library and it'll serve as a nice benchmark later as vendors
update their standard library implementations. At least, I'd be
interested in such information and if test code is avaiable, I could
easily run the testcases myself.

Best,
Dee