Subject: [Boost-users] dynamically linked libraries looking for static libraries which don't exist
From: Pally Sandher (pally.sandher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-18 11:49:07

I've built debug binaries of boost 1.47.0 on Windows with MSVC 10 using the following options

b2.exe variant=debug link=shared threading=multi runtime-link=shared

which as far as I understand should build dynamically linked libraries (which it does, I get a bunch of .lib files & .dll files as expected).
However when I try to link some projects in Visual Studio 2010 which import boost_filesystem-vc100-mt-gd-1_47.lib & boost_system-vc100-mt-gd-1_47.lib I get the following errors

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_filesystem-vc100-mt-gd-1_47.lib'
&
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_system-vc100-mt-gd-1_47.lib'

I can stop these errors by using the /NODEFAULTLIB option on both those libraries but I would like to stop them in the first instance. Does anyone have any ideas why the libraries which should be dynamically linked are looking for statically linked libraries which don't exist?

Palbinder Sandher
Software Deployment Engineer
T: +44 (0) 141 945 8500
F: +44 (0) 141 945 8501

http://www.iesve.com
**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**
Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No. SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park, Glasgow G20 0SP
Email Disclaimer