Subject: Re: [Boost-users] : dynamically linked libraries looking for static
From: Alex Perry (Alex.Perry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-18 13:34:09

Pally Sandher <pally.sandher_at_[hidden]> wrote on Thu, 18 Aug 2011 15:49:07 +0000

> I've built debug binaries of boost 1.47.0 on Windows with MSVC 10 using the
> following options

snip

> I can stop these errors by using the /NODEFAULTLIB option on both those
> libraries but I would like to stop them in the first instance. Does anyone have
> any ideas why the libraries which should be dynamically linked are looking for
> statically linked libraries which don't exist?

Are you using the appropriate #define in your consuming code

Eg
#ifndef BOOST_REGEX_DYN_LINK
#define BOOST_REGEX_DYN_LINK
#endif
#include <boost/regex.hpp>

Which would ask to link to the dynamic link version of regex library not the static one - then all you need to do is make sure that the path to the boost libraries directory is added rather than having to add specific libraries

Similar defines exist for the other libraries which are not header only.

HTH

Alex