Subject: [Boost-users] [Interprocess] hang locking p_hdr->m_mutex
From: David Byron (dbyron_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-19 18:54:07

I've got my machine (Win 7) into a state where using a message queue
results in a hang. More specifically, calls to:

    scoped_lock<interprocess_mutex> lock(p_hdr->m_mutex);

hang forever.

As a bit more background, there's a message queue that holds up to 5 x
1024 byte messages, and I believe currently has 2. I'm having a hard
time verifying that because calls to get_num_msg() hang trying on calls
like the one above, but that's what I see when I look in
c:/ProgramData/boost_interprocess/20110816195406.550541/CliIPC.

I have feeling what happened is that some process that was using the
message queue got terminated while holding the p_hdr->m_mutex. Does
anyone have any suggestions for recovering from this?

I'm using version 1.47.

Thanks for your help.

-DB