Subject: [Boost-users] boost 1.47.0 failed to be built under MinGW...
From: JIA Pei (jp4work_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-21 07:22:51

Hi, all:

Happened to notice that boost 1.47.0 is out, therefore, I just downloaded
boost_1_47_0.zip and would like to try it out .

However, I wanna try to use MinGW to build boost this time.

1) I strictly followed
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_47_0/more/getting_started/windows.html

2) Also, I referred to
http://cboard.cprogramming.com/windows-programming/126599-how-set-boost-up-mingw.html

However I always obtain the following errors:

> Failed to bootstrap the build engine

Consult 'bootstrap.log' for more details

In bootstrap.log, I had the following error messages:

> builtins.c:32:23: fatal error: sys/wait.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
> execunix.c:17:26: fatal error: sys/resource.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
> fileunix.c:98:17: fatal error: ar.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.

The reason seems to be in the current installed MinGW (the newest version),
there seems to be no
sys/wait.h
sys/resource.h
ar.h

What's more, from http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/74260/
it's suggested that "Don't use sys/wait.h for mingw targets" .
It could be this reason that sys/wait.h is not included in current MinGW
installation,
which actually influence the current boost 1.47.0's bootstrap !!!

Can anybody give me a hand on this?

Cheers
Pei

--