Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Containers] Marshalling deques
From: Brian Wood (woodbrian77_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-24 14:06:32

Ion Gazta?aga:

>El 22/08/2011 19:44, Brian Wood escribi?:
>> Would you be willing to add a function that gives that? Tia.
>
> Yes, I think we need to think about a useful interface for that, maybe
> something like local_iterator in unordered containers or something like
> segmented iterator described by Matt Austern in his "Segmented Iterators
> and Hierarchical Algorithms" paper

If I could get the number of elements in the first chunk and the
size of the chunks, that would be sufficient. (I believe the size
of the chunks is constant within a deque instance.)
I find it disappointing that the latest version of the standard doesn't
have anything related to this and would rather just get something
working than figuring out what would be a flexible, general interface.

Shalom,
Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises
http://webEbenezer.net