Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [filesystem] posix path on cygwin disappeared - how to make it work?
From: Frédéric Bron (frederic.bron_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-25 14:02:01

> How can I use the posix path on cygwin?
> I am trying to upgrade from 1.43 but macros BOOST_POSIX_API and
> BOOST_POSIX_PATH are now deprecated.
> Why forcing WINDOWS_API while it worked well before?

I have found the following code in boost/system/api_config.hpp. This
makes it impossible to manually tweak these macros.
Can I safely remove those lines from the file?

Frédéric

# if defined(BOOST_POSIX_API) || defined(BOOST_WINDOWS_API)
# error user defined BOOST_POSIX_API or BOOST_WINDOWS_API not supported
# endif

// BOOST_POSIX_API or BOOST_WINDOWS_API specify which API to use
// Cygwin/MinGW does not predefine _WIN32.
// Standalone MinGW and all other known Windows compilers do predefine _WIN32
// Compilers that predefine _WIN32 or __MINGW32__ do so for Windows
64-bit builds too.

# if defined(_WIN32) || defined(__CYGWIN__) // Windows default,
including MinGW and Cygwin
# define BOOST_WINDOWS_API
# else
# define BOOST_POSIX_API