Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Signals\Signals2] Move semantics
From: Szymon Gatner (szymon.gatner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-27 16:03:36

2011/8/17 Frank Mori Hess <fmhess_at_[hidden]>:

> I have some rather indefinite plans to add move support, at least when
> compiling in c++0x mode. A swap function for signals2::signal() could be
> added to make a poor man's move possible for non c++0x code.  I'm not sure
> I want to bother with move emulation.

Making things movable is super easy with boost.move and it would be very
useful feature imho. Using swap() for moving is preferred way to implement
move ctor/assignement anyway no matter how rvalues are implemented
(if it is actual support or emulation mode).

I now keep noncopyable objects in boost::container::vector and those
objects have
signal members which have to be kept with shared_ptr<> only to be able
to transfer
ownership.

> I'm not promising to do any of this in the immediate future though.  So if
> you are impatient, patches are welcome.

OK, will try to do that.

--
Szymon Gatner