Subject: [Boost-users] why aren't I getting multithreaded versions of the libraries that need to be built?
From: Ted Byers (r.ted.byers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-29 11:12:36

This is in cygwin, using gcc.

initially I used the following (I don't use python and don't have MPI, but
wanted everything else):

$ ./bootstrap.sh
--with-libraries=chrono,date_time,exception,filesystem,graph,graph_parallel,
iostreams,math,program_options,random,regex,serialization,signals,system,tes
t,thread,wave

./b2 install

I then tried building QuantLib, which makes extensive use of boost,
including the test framework. But it failed because it tried linking to a
multihtreaded build of the test frameqwork. I therefore tried the
following, assuming that like make, it would just build and install those
targets that had not been built the first time.

$ ./bootstrap.sh
--with-libraries=chrono,date_time,exception,filesystem,graph,graph_parallel,
iostreams,math,program_options,random,regex,serialization,signals,system,tes
t,thread,wave link=static link=shared threading=single threading=multi

./b2 install

Unfortunately, it did not create the multithreaded build of the
testframework that QuantLib requires.

What did I miss that is preventing me from getting the multihtreaded builds
of the required libraries?

Thanks

Ted