Subject: [Boost-users] [Context] Context library status?
From: Nat Linden (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-13 20:44:34

http://lists.boost.org/boost-announce/2011/05/0310.php

I'd like to ask Oliver about the current status of the Context library.

I just spent a couple of weeks grappling with a mystery bug that was
ultimately due to exceeding the stack size we'd allocated for a
Boost.Coroutine. It made me think of the Boost.Context promise that
each stack is protected by a read-only guard page, so that stack
overflow is immediately and unambiguously caught.

Once the Boost.Context API has stabilized, it would probably be worth
it for me to replace the present Boost.Coroutine underpinnings with
Boost.Context. I do realize that Oliver (and probably others) have
Context-based high-level libraries in the pipeline, but at least for
us, for now, Coroutine+Context would provide an immediate benefit.