Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Compilation of boost on HP-UX 11iv3 using aCC
From: Avi Bahra (avibahra_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-29 06:42:29

>>All,
>>
>>I think HP develops/maintain compilers but do not test them against boost.
>>Compilation of code in many .hpp files in boost fails with aCC
>>compiler's latest version i.e. aCC: HP C/aC++ B3910B A.06.26 [Apr 12 2011].
>>
>>Anybody doing serious development on c++ on HP-UX would be left with
>>only choice : gcc ( which is too not officially supported on HP-UX).
>>So, I wonder if one can do some serious work on HP-UX involving boost
>>libraries......

Can you be a bit more specific, about what boost libs you are using
and what your compilation failures you are getting ?

Up to boost 1.39 I had used gcc. I have not tested this with later
version of boost
or gcc.

As I have stated in my previous email, I have successfully used boost 1.45
on HP-UX.

The only problems I have faced is with utf8_codecvt_facet.cpp, where I had
to hack some code out. Apart from that it was ok. ( You will have to live
with the mega long compilation times however. My own opinion is that
HP-UX is crap as a development environment, I develop on linux,
and then port to HP-UX)

Because of the large number of warning I suppress the following
in my jamfile.

# suppress - warning #2236-D: controlling expression is constant
# warning #2461-D: initial value of reference to non-const
must be an lvalue
# warning #2191-D: type qualifier is meaningless on cast type
# warning #2815-D: type qualifier on return type is meaningless
# warning #4232-D: conversion from
"boost::python::converter::rvalue_from_python_stage1_data *" to a more
strictly aligned type
"boost::python::converter::rvalue_from_python_storage<boost::shared_ptr<CtsApi>>
*" may cause misaligned access
# warning #4189-D: warning #4189-D: a non-POD class type
used in offsetof macro
BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT(BOOST_PYTHON_OFFSETOF(rvalue_from_python_storage<T>,stage1)
== 0);

using acc : : : <compileflags>+W2236,2461,2191,2815,4232,4189
          ;

   Hope that helps>

   Best regards,
Ta,