Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Quaternions and SLERP
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-12 14:32:17

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 7:28 AM, Yves Rogez
<yves.rogez_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently searching for a BLAS and geometrical library in C++ for
> ray-tracing simulation. I would like to know if Boost provides an
> implementation of the SLERP (Spherical Linear Interpolation) with
> Quaternions. As far as I could read in the Boost::Quaternions docs, it is
> not integrated, maybe it is elsewhere in boost ?
>
> I also found QVM which is not integrated with boost but extensively uses it.
> Is that in your mind a reliable solution ?
> (I have to compute a huge set of quaternion interpolations and compositions
> during my simulation steps).

(Boost) QVM is designed to be a user-friendly Quaternion-Vector-Matrix
library. Such easy to use interfaces aren't appropriate when you need
to process gazillion objects. I'd suggest implementing your
interpolations on the GPU.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.