Subject: Re: [Boost-users] serialization basic question
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-15 02:09:43

Luis A. Montes wrote:
> If I understand it right, I would want object tracking only if my
> classes somewhere in their implementation use pointers to keep track
> of members.

it could be that you're serializing classes which contain a reference
so you would want to track even if you're not explicitly using
pointers. So I would advice against this solution.

There a a very long section in the manual explaining
why I chose to require that values being saved be const.
I seem to remember that I changed the error into a warning
but I might be wrong about this. From my perspective
if a C++ programmer has made a sincere effort to understand
the manual and hasn't been successful, it's a bug in the manual.

So if you want to post a minimal example (maybe you already
did and I forgot) I'll have a look at it.

Robert Ramey