Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Gil] TIFF file with mixed 8/16 bit channel
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-05 15:14:09

Hi Corinna,

I have been busy trying to load your picture but some internals of the
tiff reader doesn't allow for that right now. Hopefully I can fix
soon.

> I'm just downloading the latest boost version (am using 1.42 at the moment
> which doesn't seem to have the cymk16161688_image_t you refer to)
> and will try out your suggestion.

You have to build such image type. Here is how you do it:

typedef bit_aligned_image5_type< 16, 16, 16, 8, 8, cmyka_layout_t
>::type image_t;

> And this is almost certainly an RTFM question but how does one know
> which input image type to use? If you had a moment to point me in
> the right direction or to jot down an elegant code snippet to get
> me on the right track for reading different flavours of TIFF files
> I'd be eternally grateful ...

You could use a dynamic_image. See the dynamic_image extension.

Regards,
Christian