Subject: [Boost-users] dynamic_bitset: request for new functions
From: David Hochstuhl (Davidhochstuhl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-10 16:28:20

Hi everybody,

is it planned to extend the dynamic_bitset in the near future?
I would consider the implementations of the following functions to be particularly useful:

find_last();  // position of most significant bit
find_previous(size_t pos);  // like find next, but in the other direction

find_first_not();  // position of first unset bit
find_next_not();  //...
find_last_not();  //...
find_previous_not();  //...

further, views would be nice, so that one could act with bitwise
operation only on a certain subset of the bitset.

and last but not least -- I know that might be beyond the scope of this class --
arithmetics would be nice, so that one could directly copy e.g. the algorithms form bit-twiddling hacks.
( *of course* they should also work on views ^^ )

I know thats a lot, but it would certainly be helpful.

Thanks in advance and
best regards,
David