Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [gil] metafunction for layout
From: Sapp, Mark (Mark.Sapp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-17 00:53:43

Hi Lubomir,

>Luminosity is a single channel, and single-channel images in GIL are specified using a gray_layout_t layout. It doesn't make sense to keep the layout of the destination view; in fact you should require that the destination view is a single >channel view (i.e. has a gray_layout_t layout)

You mentioned requiring inputs to be a specific layout and it got me thinking about what I currently do. I have generic functions that use the ColorSpacesCompatibleConcept but will compile and execute if the inputs are of different colorspaces. For example, a rgb8_view_t and a gray8_view_t can be passed in and pass the ColorSpacesCompatibleConcept check. What makes 2 colorspaces compatible? The documentation leads me to believe that they have to be identical for them to be compatible. How does the example I gave (rgb8 and gray8) not cause an issue?

I can try to build an example if this is not expected behavior. If it is expected behavior, can you explain how the static_transform operation pairs the channels between those 2 images?

Thanks,

Mark

Notice: This e-mail is intended solely for use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, company confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader is not the intended
recipient or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If this communication has been transmitted from a U.S. location it may
also contain data subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or U.S. Export
Administration Regulations and cannot be disseminated, distributed or copied to foreign
nationals, residing in the U.S. or abroad, without the prior approval of the U.S. Department
of State or appropriate export licensing authority. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail or collect telephone call and delete or
destroy all copies of this e-mail message, any physical copies made of this e-mail message
and/or any file attachment(s).