Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost 1.48.0 Release Notice
From: Brian Budge (brian.budge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-17 14:54:50

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Tom Kent <lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'm confused.  Are those new items?  I've never seen them build
> before, but then again I've never actually used the iostreams library.
>
> >From the format of the filename strings, they look like independent
> libraries, but zip and bzip2 aren't shown on the boost libraries page.
>  Is there a chance you're actually looking for the zlib and libbz2?
>
> Tom

For windows these are built for convenience so that zlib and bz2 are
packaged along with the boost libs since it is not terribly common to
have them available on all windows boxes. You just have to tell bjam
to build them when building the rest of the code; they are optional
and not built by default.

  Brian