Subject: [Boost-users] Trivial logging with boost.log
From: Konstantin Ribel (konstantin.ribel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-18 06:57:45

Hello All,

I finally managed to build the boost lib including boost.log. Now I am trying to get trivial logging to work, but I am experiencing some issues with it. Here is what I have done so far:

  1. Created a simple C++ project called CppTests in Eclipse
  2. Added the following code
    #include <boost/log/trivial.hpp>

    int main(int, char*[])
    {
        BOOST_LOG_TRIVIAL(trace) << "A trace severity message";
        BOOST_LOG_TRIVIAL(debug) << "A debug severity message";
        BOOST_LOG_TRIVIAL(info) << "An informational severity message";
        BOOST_LOG_TRIVIAL(warning) << "A warning severity message";
        BOOST_LOG_TRIVIAL(error) << "An error severity message";
        BOOST_LOG_TRIVIAL(fatal) << "A fatal severity message";

        return 0;
    }
  3. Added the include and lib path to the project
When I hit the build button I get 10 errors. The build log is attached to this email.

Does anybody know what to do in this situation? Do I have to define some symbols?

Many thanks,
Konstantin