Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Building Boost 1.48 using Intel compiler
From: Alex Perry (Alex.Perry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-18 10:10:43

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 15:40:23 +0100 Sergiu Dotenco <sergiu.dotenco_at_[hidden]> wrote:-
> Am 17.11.2011 23:52, schrieb Kim:
> > First time posting to a mailing list, sorry if I've messed something up.
> >
> > I'm trying to build Boost 1.48 using Intel XE 12.1 and when running
> > bjam it brings up "Windows can't open this file" for each file.

...snip...
> It works for me if I setup the environment variables first by executing
> iclvars.bat. After that bjam toolset=intel can be used to compile Boost
> without additional settings.
>
> Unfortunately, two problems remain. The first one is a compilation error
> related to Boost.PropertyTree:

...snip...

> The second one is related to Boost.Locale: bjam is unable to detect the
> Windows version of ICU. This is due the fact, that bjam tries to locate
> icudata.lib and icui18n.lib instead of icudt.lib and icuin.lib respectively, which
> are the Windows names of the former libraries.

Have you built ICU from source? And set ICU_PATH in environment - I think I remember similar chasing of errors when building regex with the optional ICU support - problem was obvious in retrospect I'd installed ICU with prebuilt binaries and didn't have debug version available on machine.

HTH

Alex