Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Building Boost 1.48 using Intel compiler
From: Edward Rankin (erankin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-18 10:20:31

Hi,

Just a general comment for compiling Boost with Intel compiler. I have been
compiling boost with Intel-win for a while now, and I usually use the
command prompt shortcut which comes with the compiler. This will set up the
environment correctly. I have been working in Linux recently, so have not
tried out Intel 12.1 and Boost 1.47 (now 1.48), so something must have
changed on either side. I will see if I can build it this weekend. I do
recall there were some changes from 11.1 to 12.0 which caused a lot of
deprecation warnings (something to do with where iclvars.bat is located). I
am not sure if this was ever fixed (i did create a ticket here:
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5305). Of course this is only
important if you run a standard command prompt (and not the Intel one).

Regards,

Edward