Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost 1.48, Qt and [Parse error at "BOOST_JOIN"] error
From: Jürgen Hunold (juergen.hunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-19 15:38:47

Hi qplace,

On Friday, 18. November 2011 23:29:16 qplace wrote:
> When I switched from boost 1.47 to 1.48 I started to get multiple
> compile-time errors: Parse error at "BOOST_JOIN", pointing to
> boost/type_traits/detail/has_binary_operator.hp(50)
>
> Falling back to 1.47 made this problem go away.
>
> I found discussion about this problem here:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/71406/focus=71459
>
> There is a solution suggested in the above thread, but it is specific to the
> software that the author has problems with.

Well, it is specific to Qt. Q_MOC_RUN is the designed workaround for missing
c++ support in the moc.

> Risking double-post, (I posted in this thread as well), I'd like to ask for
> generic suggestion of fixing this problem in 1.48.

Well, in the aforementioned thread the TypeTraits maintainer came to the
correct conclusion that this is definetely a moc bug. It simply fails to parse
several type_traits header which are valid c++.
So please file a bug at Qt's bugtracker for this. It would be nice if you could
post the ticket number here so we can track this.

Yours,

Jürgen

--
Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold       | IVE mbH
Software-Entwickler             | Lützerodestraße 10
                                | Geschäftsführer:
Sitz des Unternehmens: Hannover | Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Thomas Siefer
Amtsgericht Hannover, HRB 56965 | PD Dr.-Ing. Alfons Radtke