Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost MPI: unsupported functions & support on super computers ?
From: Ioannis Papadopoulos (ipapadop_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-21 14:20:23

On 11/21/2011 12:28 PM, Avi Bahra wrote:
> I am learning MPI, and have a few questions whether its
> worth using boost MPI, since I need to run on many
> flavours of unix.(linux clusters and AIX as a minimum)
>
> o In the boost MPI documentation it appears that many MPI
> functions are not supported (MPI_Bsend,etc).
> If I need this capability then does this mean I should not
> use boost MPI ? (or is there still a back door way
> of calling with the C API instead ? )
>
> o Has any one managed to use boost MPI on
> Super-computers like:
> - IBM/AIX.
> - Fujitsu
> - NEC
> Since we need to be able swap vendors.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Ta,
> Avi

I have built and used Boost.MPI successfully on IBM AIX 5.3 / xlC 10.1
(Power5+ architecture) using the following in my project-config.jam file:

using mpi : /usr/bin/mpCC : <include>/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/include
<include>/opt/rsct/lapi/include <library-path>/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/lib
<library-path>/usr/lpp/ppe.poe/lib/threads <find-shared-library>mpi_r
<find-shared-library>vtd_r <find-shared-library>lapi_r
<find-shared-library>pthreads : /usr/bin/mpiexec ;