Subject: [Boost-users] Subject: Re: Building Boost 1.48 using Intel compiler (Message 2, Nov 19, 2011)
From: Yana A Kireyonok (aka Iron Bug) (death.iron.bug_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-25 00:55:53

>> After examining Boost.Regex and Boost.Locale Jamfiles, it's seems that both libraries perform the same has_icu check and both fail to detect ICU on Windows if the Intel compiler is used.

This is not exactly about building with ICC, but maybe somebody would
like this hint:

I managed to build boost 1.48.0 with ICU 4.8.1.1 adding this to bjam
build command:

-sHAVE_ICU=1 -sICU_PATH=path_to_the_ICU_dir
-sICU_LINK="-L%ICU_PATH%/lib -licuuc48 -licuin48 -licudt48"

(-sICU_LINK="-L$ICU_PATH/lib -licuuc48 -licuin48 -licudt48" for
crosscompiling on Linux)

This allows bjam to compile ICU correctly and works for all Windows
target OS configurations.

As a fact, I succeeded to build boost 1.48.0 with ICU 4.8.1.1 on
Windows with msvc-10.0, mingw and also mingw crosscompiled on Linux
for Windows target-os. That works. I think, that must do with ICC as
well.

Little note: in MinGW configurations threading=multi is needed, due to
a bug in configuring scripts, that was written about in "Trouble
building boost-1.48.0 with mingw 4.5.2" theme.

Sincerely, Yana A. Kireyonok