Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Problems of cross compiling: ar and ranlib tools naming ((Mark Brand)
From: Iron Bug (death.iron.bug_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-26 14:26:46

> You might want to look at mingw-cross-env [1] which includes boost. It
> doesn't have 64-bit support yet though.
>
> There's a link there to browse the development version. Look for file
> src/boost.mk if you want to see the boost recipe.
>
> Mark

Thanks a lot! That's really useful set of scripts.
Exactly what I was doing manually for many years, building numerous
libraries for different cross compilation variants.
They use SED's in boost case. Seems, there's no other way to make it
generate the right library format for cross compilation. I thought a
good idea about names was chrooting to special /bin with links to proper
toolset, but even in this case the format of libraries would need
correction.
So now I've got the idea and can adopt the scripts for my needs.
I will recommend the tools for other programmers, that use cross
compiling.

Sincerely, Yana A. Kireyonok