Subject: Re: [Boost-users] BoostPro (or any) installer for v1.48.0 on Windows 7/Visual Studio C++ 2010?
From: Andrew Holden (aholden_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-19 10:53:49

On Sunday, December 18, 2011 11:53 PM, Wayne Johnson wrote:
> I'm new to the Boost libraries and becoming reacquainted with C++
> after many years of using other languages. As recommended in
> section 5.1 of the "Getting Started on Windows", I visited the
> BoostPro website to find a Windows 7 installer for v1.48.0 to use
> with VS C++ 2010. In response to a followup message to BoostPro
> sales about the lack of an installer for the latest version, I was
> told:
>
> "We don't have an installer at this time, and we are shortly
> about to remove that section from our website.  The Boost build
> instructions can be found here ..."
>
> Will there be no more Windows binary installers for the libraries
> or did I misunderstand?

I can't speak for binary installers, but I have found the libraries easy enough to compile myself. For reference, I have attached the batch file I use to build the libraries. Look through the options at the top of the batch file before copying it into your boost source and running it. You will almost certainly want to change some of them for your system. Please note it is not necessary to use a "visual studio command prompt". An ordinary one will do just fine.

As I have it configured, it will install the headers, 32-bit libraries and 64-bit libraries to C:\boost. It's probably safest to not put your source distribution in that directory.