Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Multi Index] equal_range from templated function fails to compile with gcc 4.6.1
From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-09 16:47:27

Jacob Metcalfe <cubathy <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for the quick reply,
>
> 51566 does seem very similar. I do not experience the issue from bug 9810 in
> any of the compilers where I have managed to reproduce the bug - from a quick
> look it looks somewhat different - and unfortunately changes to
> access_specifier.hpp don't solve the issue (changing the inheritance modifier
> or access modifiers in the derived class also does not seem to help).
>
> I experimented with a few changes but the only case that got rid of the error
> was the obvious change of making node_type public in index_base.hpp.

I'm sorry this didn't work. Given that the error seems somewhat
spurious (i.e. hard to reproduce) I'm reluctant to apply the wholesale
workaround of changing node_type to public in index_base. If you
can live with applying this patch locally I'd rather leave it like that.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica Digital