Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Regarding Boost::asio::io-service
From: Igor R (boost.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-23 09:19:56

>               Please tell what is the purpose of boost::asio::io-service ios
> .I am New to the boost Libraries and I'm doing one Open Source project in
> that already used these asio service in a way of passing asio service in
> object. like "link l(ios, some other arguments) "

Inspect the class "link", and you'll see why it needs this io_service.
Maybe it passes io_service to constructors of some other asio objects?

> My big question is at what sart of time this asio::io-service are most useful and required.

"The io_service class provides the core I/O functionality for users of
the asynchronous I/O objects"
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_48_0/doc/html/boost_asio/reference/io_service.html