Subject: Re: [Boost-users] problems with C++ integer types
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-31 15:27:29

AMDG

On 01/31/2012 09:45 AM, Robert Ramey wrote:
> So, I've implemented
> a specialization of std::numeric_limits for my special kind of
> integer - which is OK by me. BUT, now I wonder about the idea
> if placing my own code into the std namespace which I would
> guess might raise other issues.

C++ 2003, 17.4.3.1:
"A program may add template specializations for any
standard library template to namespace std. Such a
specialization (complete or partial) of a standard
library template results in undefined behavior unless
the declaration depends on a user-defined name of external
linkage and unless the specialization meets the standard
library requirements for the original template."

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe