Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [quickbook] how to use
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-27 03:40:56

> I am trying to use QuickBook to write documentation for a project
> (that's not a Boost library), and I have a basic question about how
> to use it.
>
> So far I've followed the setup instructions on this page, built the
> quickbook executable by running bjam in BOOST_ROOT\tools\quickbook,
> written a .qbk file in QuickBook format, and ran the quickbook
> executable on my .qbk file to produce an XML file which looks like
> BoostBook XML.
>
> Now how do I go about generating HTML or PDF from that BoostBook
> XML file?

Take a look at
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostDocs/GettingStarted to get an
overview of how the toolchain works, then assuming you want to run the
commands yourself (ie not from Boost.Build) I suggest you cd into
libs/config/doc and run a:

bjam -d2 -a

So you can see what all the command are.

Otherwise running via Boost.Build is probably the easiest way for now....

HTH, John.