Subject: [Boost-users] embedding
From: Andreas Fabri (andreas.fabri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-27 05:27:58

Hello

I am wondering if there is ongoing work around the notion
of embeddings of the Boost Graph Library.

In the CGAL project which deals with geometric data structures
we have written specializations of the graph_traits for
the polyhedral surface, the halfedge datastructure,
2D triangulations, and arrangements.

This allows to run BGL algorithms directly on CGAL
data structures. http://www.cgal.org/Pkg/BGL.

As these graphs are always embedded, that is as there
is a circular order of edges we introduced a HalfedgeGraph
concept
http://www.cgal.org/Manual/latest/doc_html/cgal_manual/BGL_ref/Concept_HalfedgeGraph.html#Cross_link_anchor_1952
where one has global functions in order to walk along
the border of a face, and go from an outgoing
edge via the opposite incoming edge to a neighbor
face.

Would any of these ideas be interesting for the
maintainers of the BGL.

best regards,

andreas

--