Subject: Re: [Boost-users] C++ committee calling for lib proposals
From: Cory Nelson (phrosty_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-03 16:49:19

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Noe Casas Manzanares
<noe.casas_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The C++ committee is calling for library proposals for their inclusion in
> C++11: http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2012/n3370.html%c2 .
>
> I think some of the boost libraries are good candidates, like the recently
> accepted boost::lockfree. Has anyone considered sending such proposal?

Lock-free algorithms are neat and typically scale very well, but are
easily misunderstood and often used for the wrong reasons (like
performance). C++ could certainly use concurrency-safe containers
(Intel's TBB has a lot of stuff that could be donated), but I think
focusing on lock-free ones is the wrong approach.

--
Cory Nelson
http://int64.org