Subject: Re: [Boost-users] how to contribute documentation for boost.enum in the boost vault
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-16 02:56:47

Le 15/03/12 20:27, Carsten Greiner a écrit :
> Hello,
> in the boost vault exists the boost_enum library. (file name
> enum_rev4.6.zip).

Hi,

I'm working on Boost.Enums (see
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/enums/libs/enums/doc/html/index.html).

*Boost.Enums* provides:

  * Scoped enums
  * Ordinal enums
  * Enum containers
  * MPL enums
  * String <-> Enum conversions

Unfortunately the library is not ready for review and I will not have
time to make it ready very soon.

Any comments are welcome.

> and I have four questions:
>
> - provided I create documentation for it, could someone assist me in
> adding it to the package?
>
> - which mailing list is appropriate for reviewing feedback of the
> created documentation (maybe that Q applies to all of my points)
The development list.

> - what format should I use when creating the documentation
The final format should be HTML. You can use whatever you want to
achieve this, even manually. Most of the Boost libraries are using now
Quickbook.

> - and last but not least: adding it to the official release would be
> initiated then via the development list, right?

The addition of a library need a review (See
http://www.boost.org/community/reviews.html).

Best,
Vicente