Subject: [Boost-users] Crash in boost::thread::sleep(xt) (boost 1.42 on Windows 32 bit)
From: Arno (arno.schaefer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-20 10:16:27

Hi all,

we recognize in our tests, that one of our threads seem to crash in
boost:thread::sleep(xt). Is there a known issue with the sleep() function
under MS Visual Studio 2008, with boost 1.42?
It was tested on Windows 7 and Windows XP 32 Bit OS.

Our thread crashes also in the debugger, when all exceptions are on, without any
notice. But only this one thread goes away, the debugger stop at a breakpoint,
which was set at a place, where it was recognized that this thread no longer
runs.

The error occure, in a multithreaded environment, with at least around 30
active threads.
The sleep is outsite any critical section (no mutex and/or no semaphore
is active).

Any hints are welcome.

regards
Arno