Subject: [Boost-users] spherical bessel functions
From: David Bergman (davidrbergman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-22 13:20:41

I am using boost spherical bessel functions and get an overflow error for the following call. double ytest; double x = 12.6; int n = 8; ytest = boost::math::sph_neumann(n, x); the value of x in not relevant as long as you're away from 0.  it's the index that causes the problems, for n = 8, the call to cyl_neumann(n,x) causes the overflow.  I tested this with other index values less than 8 and they all work fine.  I have not tried greater than 8.  MATLAB is well defined for these values and I can see no reason why this case would be special. Any ideas? Thanks, David