Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [asio] Connection not ending
From: Markus Bonk (markus_bonk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-10 09:28:54

I am still not there yet. To close the socket I need to keep a
reference/shared_ptr to the connection somewhere. Which basically means I
have two shared_ptrs. If a handler reports an error the connection needs to
know something about the manager/state machine/whatever to tell it it is
closing down, right?

"Igor R" wrote in message

> I don't really see how this changes things. The handlers which io_service
> has, has shared_ptrs to the connection so to get rid of the connection I
> need to get the io_service to call the handler so that the shared_ptr gets
> destroyed, or am I missing something?

Yes, after you close the socket, all the relevant handlers will be
invoked and disposed.