Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [asio] Connection not ending
From: Igor R (boost.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-10 09:57:27

> I am still not there yet. To close the socket I need to keep a
> reference/shared_ptr to the connection somewhere. Which basically means I
> have two shared_ptrs. If a handler reports an error the connection needs to
> know something about the manager/state machine/whatever to tell it it is closing down, right?

Yes, right.
Well, if you're speaking of "http server 3" specifically, you have to
change its design a bit. Eg., you can add to the server class
something like vector<weak_ptr<connection> > connections_ member, and
push there every new_connectio_ -- to get an ability of managing
connections. Of course, you have to garbage-collect expired weak-ptrs
sometimes, eg. when a new connection is added or on some other
event...