Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [quickbook]
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-20 10:57:27

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 09:14:14AM -0500, Larry Evans wrote:
> On 06/20/12 09:04, Lars Viklund wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 08:55:17AM -0500, Larry Evans wrote:
> >> There's a problem with quickbook on ubuntu using an .so library and
> >> that .so library needed a missing GLIBCXX library.
> >>
> >> The bjam output is in attachment.
> >>
> >> How do I solve the problem?
> >
> > You seem to be using a custom compiler in a non-system location.
> >
> > Do you have the location with its libstdc++.so.6 in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH?
> I have no LD_LIBRARY_PATH defined. I guess that is the problem.
> I quess I'll have to do that.
> Thanks for the tip!
> Why can't the build of quickbook handle that problem automagically?
>
> The reason I've got a compiler in a non-system location is that
> I'd like to try the latest versions of g++ and clang.

This typically holds for building and running any software with a
non-system compiler. For someone, somewhere, it's probably By Design.

Last I looked at the GCC folks had to say about the usability nightmare
it is, they were rather adamant on that it was The Way Things Should Be.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]