Subject: Re: [Boost-users] eos_portable_archive for 1.49
From: Pfligersdorffer, Christian (Christian.Pfligersdorffer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-26 05:14:40

Hello everybody,

please receive the latest and greatest eos portable archives in v5.0!

They come with support for boost 1.49 and std::wstring! All the boost serialization unit tests for archives succeed now with the expected failure of one (details see inside). The best is: Francois Mauger joined me in my effort to make the eos portable archives fit for contribution into the official distribution. He started with adding a wonderful tutorial to get things started for new users and some in-depth explorations of the binary data format.

This will be my last effort while still working for EOS, so the near future may bring a change here. However, I will continue supporting you guys and if we manage to fit the archives into the official serialization library, I am sure we will soon have a small community working on compatibility issues and new features of the archives.

Maybe array optimization is one of the first user added features, that would be a great thing Paul! ;-)

Let me know your thoughts,

--
Christian Pfligersdorffer
Software Engineering